Re: A draft for a multibyte and multi-codepoint C string interface

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013, Mouse wrote:
[...] if I'm not mistaken, a number looks the "same" in arabic,
because they are written left-to-right, that is, least significant
digit first considered from right-to-left).

I don't recall which order the digits are written in, and I don't have
any Arabic text with numbers in it at ready hand to check.

However, I don't know whether typesetting numbers in arabic conceptually involves switching back and forth between the left-to-right order used by the text, and right-to-left order for numbers (like <push direction left-to-right><"1"><"2"><"3"><pop direction>), or whether it should all be done right-to-left, with the numbers written in little-endian order (like <direction right-to-left><"3"><"2"><"1">).

--apb (Alan Barrett)