Re: posix shared memory

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 02:27:15AM +0000, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> > (YAMAMOTO Takashi) wrote:
> >> i have userland implementation of posix shared memory.
> >> (attached)
> >>
> >> rmind proposed a kernel implementation while ago.
> >>

> > However, I would say it would be better to create tmpfs partition
> > for this.  A while ago I came up with practically same code, but
> > also checking for the fs type:
> >

> i don't think it's a good idea to force fstype.
> if we want to recommend tmpfs, it's a job for sysinst, not libc.

Wouldn't the choice of filesystem have a significant impact on the
behaviour?  (speed, persistence, need for an actual disk, etc...)
Perhaps forcing it might not be a good idea, but it seems like
requiring something to be configured, and not having a good default
that is known to work, will cause an unnecessary waste of time
for anyone that might try to use this.