Re: unified man page

Le 01/04/13 17:28, Thomas Klausner a écrit :
Hi!

I'd like to propose that we merge all man pages into one.

Advantages:
[...]
I haven't yet decided on the name of the man page. My favorite so far
is "world(*)".

Comments?

That's an awesome idea :)

Following that I would suggest doing the same with binaries too; that way we just have to ship one binary for each architecture (build should become easier once all conflicts are resolved), and link time optimizations will obviously improve.

Oh, and we could also link /bin, /sbin, /usr/bin and /usr/sbin to /rescue. Certain Linux distros have started merging /bin and /usr/bin, why not go a bit further and propose more radical changes?

--
Jean-Yves Migeon