Re: Should we use _malloc_prefork and _malloc_postfork?

On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 11:43:27PM -0500, Mouse wrote:
 > And it is therefore useless for non-pthread-using (which is not the
 > same as non-threaded) programs.

Realistically there is only so much we can do to support hand-rolled
threads, especially cases like this where the standard's behavior of
fork is defined only in terms of pthreads and is defined a certain way
because of the limitations of pthreads.

It would be nice to develop (and push through to standardization) a
better threads library than pthreads, but it's not a trivial

David A. Holland