Re: proplib and the jet age

On Sat, 5 Jan 2013 00:36:21 +0000
David Holland <> wrote:

>  > As for data transfer, the OS X answer is XPC.
> That is an RPC library, which is not what we're after here.
As a RPC library it is a superset of what we're after here.
We are in need of an API to serialize (marshall) and deserialize
(unmarshall) data. This is a major part of a RPC framework like XPC
or DBus. Looking at this part of a RPC library can be enlightening.
(I am a DBus fanboy. But the libdbus (un)marshall API is a PITA
compared to e.g. libjansson or liblua...)