iconv(3) and POSIX

In /usr/include/iconv.h, the second argument to iconv() is declared
const.  However, POSIX says that it isn't:

and this causes git to declare OLD_ICONV for NetBSD.  Our iconv_open
also declares both arguments const, contrary to POISX.

The man page says that these conform to 1003.1-2001, and don't mention
noncompliance with -2008.  I didn't find the 2001 version, but 2004 and
2008 both do not have const.

So is this as bug to fix in the prototype?   Or if not, how should the
manpage be changed?