fsck SIGINFO

Has fsck recently lost it's ability to respond to SIGINFO, at least in the
early phases?
I had to fsck on Friday, and pressing ctrl-T on the console just yielded the
default [fsck ... biowait] output while it must have been running phase 1.
Later, I got an fsck-specific response in, as far as I remember, phase 4.
This happened on two filesystems, so I suppose it's not just an accident.