Re: Replacing bind by unbound

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012, Jochen Kunz wrote:

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 11:02:33 +0100
Martin Husemann <> wrote:

What do you think?

I think dnsmasq would fit most peoples requirements as thoese
requirements are typically quite simple. If you really need more
complex things, well, there is still pkgsrc/net/bind*. I prefere
simple, small things in base and to push the more complex things to

That's my color sugestion for the bikeshed. ;-)

I second this suggestions. A fullblown DNS server is not really necesssary for a run-of-the-mill machine.

David Griffith