Re: Importing Kyua into NetBSD

It sounds quite reasonable to me.

I would, howver, like to add my vote to having a separate MKKYUA build knob, rather than tying both KYUA and ATF under the one existing knob.

On Sat, 1 Sep 2012, Julio Merino wrote:

Hello,

I would like to propose the replacement of atf-run and atf-report in
the base system with Kyua (which, simply put, is "ATF v2") well early
into the development of NetBSD 7.x so that there is plenty of time to
flesh out any issues.  Because this plan requires some background
information, and because it is composed of multiple steps that deserve
significant explanation, I have written everything down in this wiki
page:

   http://wiki.NetBSD.org/kyua/import/

I'll consider this page to be the "living status document" for this
project, and will therefore assimilate any results of this thread into
the text.  I'll also keep it up to date with any progress made.

So, let's start the discussion.  Could you please take a look at the
plan and provide feedback?

Thank you!

PS: Let's give 2 weeks of time for this initial discussion as the
document says (but of course will extend the period if it proves to be
necessary).

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv

!DSPAM:50426f7996341234514069!