Re: 5.1 vs. 6.0_BETA

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Manuel Bouyer
<bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 04:32:21PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
>> > announced.
>> > Could bumping the major number of these libraries be an alternative
>> > to exporting __cerror again ? What are the pros and cons of each
>> > fix ?
>>
>> We've done quite some work to avoid bumping the libc major so far, so I
>
> I misunderstood, I though the problem was in librt, and so the
> major of librt should be bumped.
> Of course, we don't want to bump libc major at this time.
>
> Aleksey, can you test the patch ?

I appologise for so long delay but I have not tested it yet.
First, we selebrated a birth day of my son. This took some time.
Second, my home system running NetBSD is very unstable (amd64),
I wrote about it in netbsd-users recently and the problem persists.
Just a few minutes ago it hanged up again. Believe it or not
I tried to reboot it but doesn't boot at all.
The kernel crashed with ddb prompt. Maybe this is a hardware issue,
I'm not sure.

So, I need some time to restore my system and some diagnostics.
Later (sunday) I'll try to reproduce the problem on my system at work
where I also use NetBSD (i386).

Alternatively, any developer can test Joerg's patch because
the problem is easily reproducible with, for example, mediatomb package.