Re: Adding memset_s function

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 12:06:01PM +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
> ISO/IEC 9899:2011 ("C 11") defines a memset_s function for that.
> It's a lot like memset(3), but it takes an extra argument, does some
> sanity checks on the arguments, and it's guaranteed not to be
> optimised away by the compiler.

Frankly, I think we should first discuss whether we want to implement
the *_s crap first or not. IMO it's all a waste of disk space and time
and I have no idea what the Working Group was thinking when they even
considered it. I mean who else can see something wrong with a proposal
that includes gets_s and snprintf_s?

Joerg