Re: Proper interface for finding the ELF auxilary vector

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 01:27:18PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> Old libc works fine with newer ld.elf_so. "backwards compatible" means
> that newer ld.elf_so works with older libc, not the other way around.

I think you misunderstood: not talking about the suggested change at hand,
but a hypothetical future one. You said you use void* as return value
because it might change. When this happens, what do we do? We can only
extend the vector in a backward compatible way (fine), or we could
add a version argument to the interface now, and use that to have the
option in ld.elf_so to return either version, on request from libc
(should we ever want to change it incompatible).

However, as you agreed before, having different versions of libc and
ld.elf_so is an odd situation anyway.

Martin