Re: disklabel(8) allows addressing non-existent space

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 01:18:22PM -0500, Mouse wrote:

> As far as I know there is no clean way.  This isn't that surprising,
> because i386's c partition isn't a very clean thing in the first place.

Last time I looked the only thing the i386 'c' partition was used for
was to protect the labelsector.
It wasn't possible to access the disk through it!

Move a disk from a system where 'c' is the whole disk and 'd'
available for normal use and you have a 'slight' problem :-)

This is all a historic mess!

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost