Re: Generically running rc scripts

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 20:42:32 +0100
Julian Fagir <gnrp%komkon2.de@localhost> wrote:

> > The FreeBSD service shell script looks like it would be mostly
> > portable except for the jails and $local_startup variable.
> attached is the service script that fits for NetBSD, with no further
> modifications were made to the copyright statement or rcs.
>
> If you don't have any objections, please commit it or tell me what to do with
> it (include it manually in the program?).

Not that I object, but I don't understand what advantages such a wrapper
would provide...  Also, would the direct rc.d scripts invokation
eventually be deprecated/discouraged because of a services wrapper (as
is the case on Ubuntu where I get an annoying warning everytime I
invoke an init.d script directly)?

Thanks,
--
Matt