Re: Generically running rc scripts

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 20:11:42 +0100
Julian Fagir <gnrp%komkon2.de@localhost> wrote:

> I'm just editing a small program that makes use of FreeBSD's service(8):
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=service&apropos=0&sektion=8&manpath=FreeBSD+8.2-RELEASE&arch=default&format=html
>
> I wonder: Is there such a generic way in NetBSD for restarting services, too?
> Or should I just take scripts from /etc/rc.d (as, in opposition to FreeBSD,
> NetBSD does not have a second rc.d directory)?

Generally  /etc/rc.d/foo restart  indeed; I'm not very familiar with
FreeBSD lately so am not sure if it compares to its second rc.d
directory, but there can also be /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d/

I don't know of a NetBSD rc script overlay like service(8).  If I
remember, when we had Sushi it supported an interface to the rc.d
scripts, however.  Since noone used Sushi and it was unmaintained, it
was eventually removed from the base system.
--
Matt