Re: What should go in dot files

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 13:56:15 -0500
David Young <dyoung%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:

> I use useradd.  I'm used to the default settings, I couldn't tell you
> precisely which ones I do and do not rely on, but I expect for them NOT
> to change.

I also use it, except for system users/groups which postinstall says I
should add (it's then faster to use  vipw  and  vi /etc/group).

Perhaps that I'd still use useradd/groupadd for that if postinstall
suggested to run a script using them (this probably also requires a
vipw-like -d option, though).
--
Matt