Re: Import of sqlite3

On 8/24/11 7:49 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
Hi all,
I would like to import sqlite3 into our tree. The license is PD. The
file format has been quite stable. It's around 760KB for the shared
library on AMD64. It would allow replacing many users of bdb with
something that can be modified without worrying about file corruption
in case of crashes. A direct user would be the apropos(1) GSoC project.

Hello Joerg,

board@ has discussed this to clarify the concern about SQLite being public domain. We see no problem with this. As a matter of fact, src/external/public-domain is already non-empty so please put SQLite in there.

(If you lack the cycles to do the import yourself anytime soon, I can provide help.)

Julio Merino,
On behalf of the Board of Directors