Re: [GSoC 2011] [Status Report] Apropos Replacement

Hi Abhinav,

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 00:13:32 +0530
Abhinav Upadhyay <> wrote:

This looks very useful. I wonder about 2 things:

- would it be possible to let the incremental updating of makemandb use
the date in the man page to decide if it  has to be re-indexed?

- would it be possible/a good idea to increase the apropos matching
score if the terms searched for are in the subject of the man page?
The screenshot for "add a new user" doesn't highlight the keywords in
the subject, which makes me think it is not used for the

thanks and kind regards