Re: [GSoC 2011] [Status Report] Apropos Replacement

Hi Abhinav,

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 00:13:32 +0530
Abhinav Upadhyay <er.abhinav.upadhyay%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> http://netbsd-soc.sourceforge.net/projects/apropos_replacement/final-report.html

This looks very useful. I wonder about 2 things:

- would it be possible to let the incremental updating of makemandb use
the date in the man page to decide if it  has to be re-indexed?

- would it be possible/a good idea to increase the apropos matching
score if the terms searched for are in the subject of the man page?
The screenshot for "add a new user" doesn't highlight the keywords in
the subject, which makes me think it is not used for the
indexing/scoring?

thanks and kind regards
dieter