Re: Making powerd=YES default

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
Quite frankly, I am more and more convinced that an additional /etc/defaults/rc.md.conf is the right fix then. This one could be included from /etc/defaults/rc.conf, apply some MD-specific changes, and still let the user override the value in /etc/rc.conf if he wants to.

I suggest making the contents of /etc/defaults/rc.conf be machine-dependent. A script run at build time could create it from MI and MD fragments. Put powerd=NO in some of the fragments, and powerd=YES in other fragments.

--apb (Alan Barrett)