Re: Making powerd=YES default

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 01:38:32PM +0100, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
> Would it be acceptable to turn powerd on by default?

Since I always have to enable it, I would rather think it is a
good idea, but are there any drawbacks? Memmory footprint
on embedded ports comes to my mind, but do is stock rc.conf used
in such setup?

I also assume there are ports where powerd is of no benefit. Therefore
enabling it there would just consume memory for nothing, wouldn't it?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost