Re: Moving rc.d scripts to base.tgz

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 06:54:14PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> If I'm concerned about the possibility of configuring a system daemon
> in such a dangerous way, I can remove it -- or elsewise pin down its
> configuration.

Like the system daemon /bin/sh or is just inetd evil ?
What about ttys ? gettytab ? profile ? crontab ? ifconfig.IF ? cgd.conf ?

Almost every file in /etc can be used to compromise your system
and many files provide hooks that cause something to run and execute
at startup.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst