Re: Autoconfiguring root device and fstab(5) (wedges?)

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 02:44:49PM +0100, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
> (please note that I am not at all familiar with disklabel/mbr formats)

Well, you have it mostly correct. A wedge is a pure runtime concept, there
is no persistence of any kind. The only way we can reasonably use them with
disks besides the (necessarily slightly volatile auto detection) is GPT.

There is GPT editing code missing in sysinst, which is easy to add.

And there is the uncommited patch suggested by mlelstv that makes mounting
of wedges via names in GPT possible. I'd like to see the latter sorted out
first, so we can offer the most userfriendly way in sysinst.

Martin