Re: libquota proposal

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 02:07:50PM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
 > | At this point, in the source 'quota1' is used for the old
 > | quota format, 'quota2' for the new one and 'quota' for the few things
 > | that are common.
 >
 > Are we planning to keep quota1 around for more than 6.0? If not, it will
 > look funny to have quota2 in the future...

We have to keep it, because for now at least lfs doesn't support the
quota2 format. (And, does ffs without WAPBL?) Plus we should retain
support for historic/portable ffs.

...however, the material involved really ought to be isolated within
src/sys/ufs. That doesn't appear to be the case now....

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost