Re: standards on SIGFPE for divide by zero

is%NetBSD.org@localhost (Ignatios Souvatzis) writes:

>Now, if the hardware in question can't create SIGFPE on integer divide,
>I don't think we should torture the compiler into simulating it.

The AIX compiler for PPC has an option to generate extra code to check
for integer division by zero. Also, for hardware that doesn't have divide
instructions, the runtime library will raise the signal.

Now, making gcc allow this is a different thing.

N.B. The floating point division by zero should generate SIGFPE
if enabled by fpsetmask().

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost