Re: turning off COMPAT_386BSD_MBRPART in disklabel

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 02:04:31PM +0000, David Laight wrote:

> Sysinst also asks all the disk setup questions and asks you to confirm
> before writing to the disk at all. So you'd have to try quite hard
> to get it to kill the partitioning.

Not in the failure case I observed (I can now reproduce this, but since
it looks like the code in disklabel is going to Go, I haven't bothered
to analyze it further).  I told it partitioning that was non-overlapping
with the FreeBSD partition, but it wrote that (NetBSD) partitioning out
to disk over *both* disklabels, the FreeBSD one that happened to be at
the head of the disk (inside the FreeBSD MBR partition!) and the NetBSD
one in the proper place.

If the kernel write-out-label code can do something similar, that ought
to get the axe, too.

Thor