Re: turning off COMPAT_386BSD_MBRPART in disklabel

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 01:48:57AM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
 > For the record, I am pretty sure it was sysinst, not disklabel, which
 > hosed my disk.  Sysinst compiles equivalent code in directly, no?

There are only two uses of MBR_PTYPE_386BSD in src/distrib. One is a
perfectly innocuous list of partition type IDs. The other is in
src/distrib/utils/sysinst/arch/i386/md.c, which changes the partition
ID of a MBR_PTYPE_386BSD partition to MBR_PTYPE_NETBSD if no
MBR_PTYPE_NETBSD partitions are seen.

This is, however, only reached if someone's explicitly attempting to
upgrade an existing installation, so it's probably harmless -- I think
you got hosed by disklabel.

This code should probably be removed from sysinst too, but maybe after
-6 is branched.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost