Re: Adding -l option to cp

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 11:03:01 +0200
Alan Barrett <apb%cequrux.com@localhost> wrote:

> This seems like a useful feature, though it is already available
> (with a less convenient syntax) from "pax -rwl".

This reminds me that a patch of mine to allow cp(1) to copy sparse
files was rejected on the grounds that pax already supported that.  If
such feature duplication is unwanted, perhaps that we at least should
update our cp(1) manual page to refer to pax for such cases as sparse
file copying and link trees?

Thanks,
--
Matt