Re: prop_*_internalize and copyin/out for syscall ?

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 04:33:25PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
 > so I'm evaluating how to use proplib for the new quotactl(2) I'm working on.

er, why? When I was looking at quota stuff in the context of lfs and
other fs types, the existing quotactl interface seemed fine -- it just
needs to have a clear separation between the syscall-level structures
and the ffs-specific ones.

At worst one might want to split struct dqblk in half, so the block
and inode limits are addressed separately, something like this:

   struct quotaentry {
        uint64_t qe_hardlimit;
        uint64_t qe_softlimit;
        uint64_t qe_current;
        int32_t qe_time;
        int32_t __qe_spare;

with additional suitable constants for addressing block vs. inode

I really don't see where proplib figures into this.

David A. Holland