Re: Removing /usr/share/misc/operator? or operator(7)?

Marc Balmer <mbalmer%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> The information in the file usually found in
> /usr/share/misc/operator is duplicated in the
> operator(7) manual page.
>
> Either form could be removed. So what do
> you think?  Leave both versions?  Remove the file?
> Remove the man page?

An important thing to consider is tradition; many of these files have
been in BSD for a long time, and there was no particularly good reason
in many cases why they started being there, or at least none that I am
aware of.

If tradition causes problems, we need to move on.  But I am generally in
favor of keeping traditional aspects of BSD when doing so is not
problematic.