Re: chown in /sbin

[manually rewrapped - please avoid paragraph-length lines!]

> I would like to move chown from /usr/sbin/chown to /sbin/chown while
> I will make symbolic link from /sbin/chown to /usr/sbin/chown to stay
> compatible.  This was already discussed and most of developers thinks
> that it's a good idea.  I think that chown is part of based system
> and should be available even if /usr is not mounted. What do you
> think ?

For recovery work, there's /rescue/chown.

Someone mentioned an rc script that uses it; this isn't relevant unless
it plausibly can be run before critical_filesystems_* are mounted - or
unless you want to spport such scripts even if we don't have any now.

\ / Ribbon Campaign