Re: resize_ffs improvements

On 12/24/10 8:32 AM, Christopher Berardi wrote:
hi,

I have done some small improvements to resize_ffs. With [1] patch it ask for
confirmation if user has run fsck on filesystem (requested by agc@) and I have
changed default behaviour of tool to grow filesystem to device size by default,
shrinking is still possible with -s parameter. I would like to commit this
patch and add resize_ffs to release build to have at least ffsv1 grow/shrink
working for users.

[1] www.netbsd.org/~haad/resize_ffs.diff

Regards

Adam.
I've done some more work on this, too. I attempted to recycle newfs(8) code,
though I wasn't entirely successful in the integration. I did, however, make
important improvements in the realm of user usability. For example, I add
options for entering the new size in different units, such as KB, MB, GB, etc.
as well as a percentage of the current filesystem size (such as 150% of current
file system size).

Let me know if you'd be interested in seeing my code.

I'd be interested in seeing this, too. Since I'm actively working on resize_ffs at the moment, I could integrate shortly after I commit my changes. (Hopefully around New Year's)