Re: Proposal for cp -a

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> I propose to add option -a to cp(1).
> FreeBSD (since about 7.1), Linux and some other platforms have it,
> and I think it is very useful.

"cp -a" is unnecessary, because "cp -RPp" works.  It's also not in
POSIX.  When you say you think it is very useful, do you mean that it's
useful for NetBSD to mimic other systems, or do you mean that it's
useful in some other sense?  (I prefer to mimic other systems only
when there's a clear benefit, and I don't see the benefit here.)

--apb (Alan Barrett)