Re: [HEADS-UP] growfs port for ffs2 and ffs1

Hi,

>> I have ported growfs tool from FreeBSD to NetBSD I have done some tests with
>> LVM partition and resizing ffs1 and ffs2 volumes with growfs seems to work
>> very well. I would like to see more testing before I import it to base tree.
>> If anyone has some big fs wich can be used for testing or has LVM setup it
>> would be great to give it a try.
>>
>> Current growfs port source code can be found at [1]. I have found that I
>> haven't used latest growfs code, I will try to update current port to
>> FreeBSD HEAD today.
>
> I have updated my growfs sources to current FreeBSD HEAD ones with fix for
> freebsd pr bin/115174. You can find latest sources here [1].

I have been testing growfs in a loop for some time now (ffs1, ffs2, wapbl) and
everything works fine, I will commit this during weekend if there are no real
objections.

Existence of resize_ffs which was never included to build and can't resize ffs2
file system can't be considered as issue.

If anyone cares I have been running small script which was basically doing this

lvm lvresize
fsck
growfs
fsck
check md5 sums of files on fs and create new ones.

Regards

Adam.