Re: Userland Lua

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 04:17:38PM +0200, Marc Balmer wrote:
> - The unaltered Lua sources go to external/mit/lua/dist.

As discussed previously, this would require a second copy or a move of
the dist files for Lunatik. It would be better if this can be addressed
first.

> Q: Can Lua in base use Lua modules installed from pkgsrc?
> A: Yes, see above.

The default module directory is missing from the mtree specs. It should
be versioned to less problematic with incompatible API/ABI changes with
Lua updates. Same should be considered for pkgsrc, but that's a separate
discussion.

Do we want to be able to use lua in RC scripts etc? E.g. would it make
sense to push it into root?

Why do you force static linkage of the Lua programs?

You don't have to set MAN if it is ${PROG}.1. -DLUA_USE_READLINE should
be in CPPFLAGS and <bsd.init.mk> included first. Same for the lib.

Should -DLUA_USE_DLOPEN be conditional on MKPIC?

Note: tarball of the new files and diff for the rest would be easier to
look at it.

Joerg