Re: alignement or compiler bug?

Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost> wrote:

> data_len as reported by gdb in the caller's frame or as observed as
> the argument to memcpy()?  If the code was compiled with optimiztions
> gdb may show garbage values.

I get this value from gdb. But as I worked further from my core dump, I
noticed that memcpy() does not crash because the destination address is
out of bound: it crashes because the source is out of bound (and you
pointed in your other message why it could be).

Hence you are right, there is no alignement or compiler bug, it is just
that gdb reports nonsense.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz