Re: Update on mathlib gSoC project

2010/8/19 Patrick Welche <prlw1%cam.ac.uk@localhost>:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:30:27AM +0300, Stathis Kamperis wrote:
>> What comes nextafter [8] -- NetBSD Winter of Code:
>> * Keep adding fenv.h support for all architectures that have h/w support
>> * Keep adding missing long double functions
>> * Figure out a way to somehow integrate the test suite with official
>> NetBSD source tree
>> * Provide h/w accelerated versions of mathematical functions, where possible
>
> Can i add
>
>  http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2010/n3060.pdf
>
> to the wishlist, or is that a step too far? (Being C++ it talks of <cmath>,
> but that would map directly to libm  <math.h>)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Patrick

Hi Patrick :)
Personally, I wouldn't mind adding support for those special
functions. And I can already imagine some uses.

Our priority is of course biased towards the C99 standard mandated
features, but that doesn't mean we can't take a step further. On the
other hand, I can't decide what goes in libm and what not. If others
think it's a good idea, we could add it to the road map.

Thanks for bringing this into our attention.

Cheers,
Stathis