Re: proposal: inetd improvements.

>>      6.  put in some interpolation in args so that we can tell the
>>          daemon a few things.
> This is not [a good idea].  inetd.conf isn't a shell, it shouldn't be
> a shell, and if you want a shell script that's why we have
> /usr/local/libexec.

If you really think shell scripts are an appropriate answer here, then
inetd needs to stuff those "few things" in the environment, so they're
available to the script.  (Or somewhere else the script can get at
them, if you can find one.)  A script can't interpolate information it
doesn't have access to, after all.

\ / Ribbon Campaign