Re: LABEL= in fstab?

On Apr 14, 2010, at 10:18 08PM, Dean Burrows wrote:

> Hello, is there a way to tell fstab what to mount where without relying on
> /dev entries? In linux I could use "LABEL=" or "UUID=", but such
> functionality seems to be missing from NetBSD's fstab.
>
> My goal is to link some directories from my /home directory to external
> drives. When the drives are mounted in random order it results in frequent
> dead links.

Here's a script I started.  It's not finished; feel free to fix it...  The
original goal was to create something to run out of /etc/rc.d, before /usr is
mounted, which is why it's frugal in its use of commands.  I do not claim that
it is complete, error-free, etc., but since it might be useful I'll toss it to
the winds.