Re: Adding the "links" text mode web browser to the base system

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 05:15:28PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> First of all, I'm not entirely oppossed to a web browser in base, but
> there are a number of critical requirement it would have to fulfill:

Well, maybe I'm wiered, but there is a difference between "html doc viewer"
(which might be some way usefull for the html files we ship, but I'm not yet
convinced) and a web browser.

For the latter I'd expect it to be usable for a least a non negliable part of
todays web, including at least a few important sites like our own, and $(pick
your favourite search engine).

For some kind of viewer for the shipped documentaion, can't this maybe written
in like 20 lines of lua (and we'd have found a reason to sneak lua into base)?

Martin