Re: libevent (1.4.12-stable) -> external/bsd

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 04:28:47PM +0000, Iain Hibbert wrote:

> > > Why 1.4.12 instead of 2.x?
> >
> > mostly because Neils' blog mentioned:
> >
> >   "This is a bugfix-only release, and some of the bugs were kind of nasty.
> >    I'd recommend that you upgrade, especially if you are writing code that
> >    uses epoll or evdns"
>
> Didn't I already pick up the only relevant 1.4.12 change by hand?

Perhaps - the only post-import change I saw was the addition of
-fno-strict-aliasing and I didn't examine the rest of the differences
beyond superficially.

Truly there isn't much change but I'm also interested in the
maintainability of pushing it into external/ where a replacement can be
made easily rather than having it spread over the source tree..

iain