Re: Lua as a scripting language in NetBSD

On Oct 17, 2009, at 3:03 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

For scripts a good candidate for use is pkg_install. The current use of
sh/awk/sed both requires larger bootstrap kits on !NetBSD and makes it
difficult to correctly handle e.g. configuration files with spaces (XXX
add PR reference here). This is not strictly a reason to move it to
base, but might provide an idea for what it is useful.

This is the only example presented thus far that makes me think it should be in the base system, at least until we really have syspkgs.