Re: Lua as a scripting language in NetBSD

Alan,

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009, Marc Balmer wrote:

[...]

(not to speak of the advantages of keeping airport codes up to date
using Lua scripts...)

This is not a good example.  Whatever Lua script you want to keep
airport codes up to date could run off-line on a system that uses
Lua from pkgsrc, and the results could then be committed to the
base system's CVS repository without needing Lua in base.

This was, obviously, a joke.  Sorry for not making that clear... ;)

- Marc

PS: I will reply to the other points later, I just want to gather some replies first.