Re: factoring out prop_XXX_pack_pref() and prop_XXX_copyin_pref()

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 02:34:22PM +0100, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> > int prop_array_pack_pref(prop_array_t, struct plistref *);
> > int prop_dictionary_pack_pref(prop_dictionary_t, struct plistref *);
>
> My only comment is that this is getting confusing now, would
> prop_*_externalize_to_pref() be more consistent with the already existing
> public namespace? (also, prop_*_internalize_from_pref() I guess..)

I really don't care about the names.  I was just extending the already
existing name in what looked to be the obvious proplib way to me.

If people like Iain's naming scheme better, I'm happy to change the names.

Opinions?

--chris

P.S. I think the entire plist internalising/externalising API is extremely
poorly thought out and should be made more general.  Like who thought
that externalising to a path name instead of a file descriptor was the
smartest idea since inventing sliced bread?  But let's not go there.