Re: strtonum(3) from OpenBSD?

In article <>,
Marc Balmer  <> wrote:
>OpenBSD has the strtonum(3) function to reliably convert string values
>to an
>integer since the 3.6 release.
>I could make good use of this function in NetBSD; has it been
>discussed before
>whether to add it to NetBSD?
>If there are no particular reasons why it is not in NetBSD, I would
>like to make
>an effort to port it and mail a diff.

I think that last time this was discussed there were disagreements about
the API. On the other hand we are already using a version of it in the
openssh code in /usr/src/crypto/external/bsd/openssh/dist/strtonum.c, so
if you are going to bring a version of it in, remember to remove that one.
I don't have a problem with it.