Re: Testing xmlgrep

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 6:27 PM, <nhat.minh.le%huoc.org@localhost> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As part of this year's NetBSD SoC, I'm working on XML command-line
> tools, the first of which, xmlgrep has now reached a somewhat usable
> state (besides I think it's time I made some kind of public report).
>
> The code should still be considered (very?) experimental though (given
> I'm the only user/tester so far), and more testing ought to be done,
> but I thought some of you may well have real-world test cases
> I wouldn't think of, so if you do, please do not hesitate to send them
> to me. Even if you do not have the time to learn the pattern language
> right now, providing me with the idea and the data should be enough
> and would be appreciated.
>
> My xmlgrep features include:
> - stream-oriented model;
> - generally small memory footprint;
> - compact simple pattern syntax.

This tool is working pretty well for me to extract data by name but
I'm trying to figure out how to only extract the elements when a
sibling matches a subpattern.

xmlgrep -x 'title%%{category[@term=NetBSD]}' atom.xml
 doesn't seem to be working.  Any hints?  Also, is there a
case-insensitive mode?

Matt