Re: bmake: how about :tr/CHARS/REPL/[1g]

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 09:17:11PM +0200, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
 > > (For those following along at home,
 > My poor English doesn't allow me to decode this.

It's an idiom. (Not sure exactly where it comes from; maybe the early
days of TV?) It means "the following is an explanation for any other
people who may be reading this but are not immediately up on all the

 > > I meant to also say that having a tr substitution in make seems
 > > perfectly reasonable.
 > Should I implement it or sending a PR is enough?

If you send a PR with a patch, it's much more likely to get merged
than if you send a PR without a patch. :-)

David A. Holland