Re: Making the keyboard work

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 03:25:45PM +0000, Roy Marples wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 18:35 +0000, Roy Marples wrote:
> > Luckily this is easily fixable. We should stop trying to make wscons
> > pretend it's a vt220 by changing /etc/ttys. The correct entry is of
> > course wsvt25. Changing it also has the added benefit of adding colour
> > to the console.
>
> Just so everyone is on the same page, attached is the patch I'm
> proposing.
> I think I got every port that uses wscons patched up (basically scanned
> their GENERIC config for wsdisplay).

While I certainly don't object for the wscons terminals, I'm a bit
worried for serial console users.  Can't that screw them up?  IOW, I'm
ok for the ttyE lines, but I'd like to be sure that e.g. vi won't be
unusable if you change the console lines that way when used over serial.
I think a mention of that issue was buried somewhere inside der Mouse's
mumbling, so I understand if you didn't notice it, but I'd like to see
it addressed.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost