Re: Adding a simple editor to the base system

David Brownlee wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Feb 2009, Adam Hoka wrote:
>
> > Antti Kantee wrote:
> >
> >> I'd also suggest making it the default EDITOR/VISUAL.  If you're an
> >> experienced user, you know how to make vi your default again.
> >>
> >> Thanks for your effort.
> >
> > Please stop thinking that inexperienced users are total idiots. :-)
>
>       I don't, but do you think an inexperienced user should be
>       stuck leaning how to use vi, or move onto how to configure
>       rc.conf and setup a wireless network?

In fact I support ee, as even experienced users hate vi (with good reasons).
Changing EDITOR is what I don't like.

Just put a "readme" somewhere and they will figure everything.

--
When in doubt, use brute force.

Adam Hoka <ahoka%NetBSD.org@localhost>
Adam Hoka <ahoka%MirBSD.de@localhost>