Re: New postfix vs. /var

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 01:28:45PM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
 >      Does /var/lib/postfix contain files that the user ever has to look
 > at?  If not, then there is no reason to worry about where the files are
 > placed.

That's not really true; files I theoretically don't have to look at
are still entropy in the FS namespace. Which matters to people who
like to keep track of what's going on around the house.

(Also, such files have a way of becoming corrupted and ultimately
needing attention after all.)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost