I have a local tree with BSD-style Makefiles for php5.  It builds each
module of php as a library and does MKPRIVATELIB=yes in the Makefile -- for
example, the Makefile for zend

.include "../"
[long list of source files omitted]

I find that since updating my NetBSD sources from mid-February to May 23,
I get libzend.a and libzend_pic.a in /usr/lib.

This seems completely wrong.  What did I miss?

  Thor Lancelot Simon

  "The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to
   be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."         - Noam Chomsky